Whyteleafe Surgery has formed a patient group which meets during evenings on a regular basis at the practice. The group is to be known as the Whyteleafe Patient Forum and aims to provide a patient perspective to inform the running and future of the practice.
Current members of the group are:
Mr Richard Allen
Mrs Susan Cornish (Chairman)
Mrs Wendy Denne
Mr Peter Dunmill
Mr Gordon Frost
Mrs Sue Johnson
Mr Tony Lidbury
Mr John Ritchie
Mr Bernard Robson
Mr Ronald Shrieve
Mrs Suzanne Sullivan
Mrs Liz Wallace
Mr David Muniz Stephens
The group would be pleased to receive comments from patients and these should be delivered via reception marked for the attention of the Patient Forum. Alternatively messages can be delivered via the comments section on this website and these will be forwarded to the Chairman, Mrs Susan Cornish.
The next meeting of the Forum will be on Wednesday 15 February at 7.00pm at the surgery. Please let the Practice Manager know if you would like to attend.
Patient Reference Group
We would like to hear from patients across all age groups and with a wide range of views and backgrounds. We have therefore also set up a Patient Reference Group consisting of patients who are willing to be actively consulted by email to provide constructive feedback and suggestions.
If you would be interested in joining either of these groups we would be pleased to hear from you – please contact the practice manager for further information.
Whyteleafe Patients’ Forum
Terms of Reference:
1. Enable patients to influence the organisation of their care
2. Act as a sounding board and a planning tool by being consulted by the practice on provision and service development
3. Influence the provision of local primary & secondary health care and social care
4. Monitor services e.g. hospital discharge and subsequent local support
5. Health education: promote preventative medicine by encouraging and supporting practice activities
6. Give feedback to NHS Trusts on consultations
7. Support liaison between the practice and relevant local bodies e.g. East Surrey Clinical Commissioning Group, local practices, Help the Aged, Mencap
8. Organise and annually review patients’ feedback
9. Publicise links for patients with specific needs, either to join existing preventative/support groups or to form them where appropriate
This Forum welcomes patients to participate in its meetings
Comments and suggestions from patients are welcome at any time and should be addressed to the Chairman, via the practice.
Clinical matters or complaints should be addressed in the usual way to the practice.
Whyteleafe Patients’ Forum will make recommendations and has no executive responsibility.